Be the first to comment on this post
- Visit our website to size-up the homes-for-sale competition, read home selling articles on our site, consider reading a book on home selling, attend some seller’s Open Houses in the your area (ask us or see the local newspaper). www.cbbaker.com
- Hire a specialist.
- As neighborhood real estate agents that specialize in listing in your area, we know what it takes to sell in this market. We welcome your call!
- Set the price.
- Ask your agent for an analysis of the local market and an opinion of the best price range for your home.
- Set a marketing strategy.
- Have your agent discuss a marketing plan and include the main elements in the listing presentation.
- Get the house ready.
- With your agent, take a hard, objective look at your home. Prioritize what needs to be done, and decide how much you can spend in time and money to make it look its best before opening it up to buyers. Get rid of all clutter and put some of your stuff in storage to make the rooms and closets roomier. Put together an information packet on local amenities, your utility bills and other helpful information.
- Consider finding a reliable real estate attorney.
- The attorney can help review all the paperwork.
- Keep on top of the process.
- Stash some quick clean-up supplies close at hand, and do a fast run-through before letting a prospective buyer preview your home. Also, keep a notebook handy with a record of everyone who has come through (and their agents), and inform your agent after each visit. This can speed the follow-up that your agent will do.