READY TO SHOW
Showing Primer: Get Your Home Visitor-Ready In A Flash
Some Wilmington NC buyers may not give you much notice before they want to tour your home. Here are several tips to keep your home showcase-ready—or get it ready fast. On your mark: Assemble a cleaning caddy with all necessary tools, cleaners and rags to take with you from room to room. Get set. Go!
- Turn on lights, open window coverings.
- Stash items that don’t belong in a particular room in a box or bin. Place the filled container in the garage, basement, attic or another out-of-the-way area.
- Lock up pets or take them with you when you leave for showing.
- Pop dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Take garbage/recycling to bins outside.
- Wipe counters, sink, appliances with appropriate cleaner.
- Sweep along cabinets and in corners.
- Wipe up any sticky floor spots.
Living Room/Family Room/Den
- Dust large open surfaces such as tables, lamp shades, shelves, etc.
- Straighten books, magazines, videos, music, electronics (better yet, ban this clutter for now).
- Fluff and arrange pillows and throws.
- Make beds, even if it means throwing bedspread/comforter over unmade sheets.
- Prop up pillows decoratively.
- Put away clothes and other clutter (under-bed storage box works too).
- All countertop items in cabinets.
- Fold towels neatly or put out special â€œshowing-only towels.â€
- Wipe down counter/sink and perhaps tub/shower if you have time.
- Sweep or wet-mop floor, especially corners.
- Wipe down toilet and/or swish inside with nearby toilet brush.
- Hang up all items.
- Sweep and/or shake out rug outside.
- Put dirty clothes in washing machine or dryer (if either are empty).